The 50L duffel from Aasgard is a very exciting idea — massive space in a weatherproof simple duffel with backpack straps. (The shoulder straps could use an update though.)
- Massive capacity — 50L is HUGE! Tons of space for everything.
- Kinda uncomfortable — if you pack it out really full it’s not the most comfortable bag. When it’s not too heavy, it’s totally fine.
- No laptop pocket — adds a little hassle to TSA security.
- Weather proof — fabric and zips are excellent at handling weather and keeping your gear dry.
- Tons of handles and lash points — grip it, rip it, clip it.
Other Bags to Check Out:
Is this just, like the most quality built affordable carry-on travel backpack? It just might be.
The Blink & Wander packs from Timbuk2 are tough, rigid little numbers for travel with unfortunately weak feeling zippers.
The Homebase series from Tortuga features this incredibly lightweight sailcloth material that's water resistant and super strong. (It feels light and scary! But it's damn strong stuff.) This makes for an incredibly light and resilient travel bag.
The Venturesafe X40 from Pacsafe is a multi-purpose 40L backpack with a ton anti-theft features.
Free bags & badass info
Signup and get entered to win a free bag every month.
You’ll also get notified when we add new bags to the site.
Created by Chase Reeves