The ATD1 is an expandable backpack you can use for both travel and daily carry. Looks pretty damn good too. One of the best in this category for sure.
- It’s meant to be the ONE bag you need for carry on travel and daily carry, and it does a damn good job of it.
- Massive Capacity — expands from 20L to 55L with a roll-top enclosure. Tons of space.
- Does decent as a daily carry — there’s a lot of fabric and straps to manage, and I can’t seem to get the rolltop to look very stylish (for my personal style). However, it does get compact, and it’s rare to have something that travels with THIS MUCH SPACE and is still capable of being a decent daily carry.
- Great materials and water-resistant build — I love the 500d, PU coated Cordura fabric with DWR. It feels good to the touch (though it does pick up lint like a motherfkr). Solid shoulder straps, nothing fancy, but quite comfortable even when it’s totally packed out.
- I like the front panel with organization. They did a great job on the materials and the way the internal pockets are laid out.
- Definitely some straps hanging off of this bag. Nice for attaching things to the outside of the bag; not so nice for going for a minimal look.
- I’ll be honest, this is a challenging mix of great materials, interesting design, and too floppy, not enough clean enough-ness.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Mountain Briefcase from Topo has been one of my favorite personal daily carry bags due to it's look and feel as well as the perfect size for my style of daily carry.
The Rainmaker backpack from Greenroom136 is an extremely solid everyday backpack suited for carrying lots of gear or compressing down to a minimal daily carry haul.
The Guide Pack from Tom Bihn is a bag geek's boner pill. It's classic design and exceedingly excellent manufacturing make it more like an heirloom than a bag. But this bag also performs great as a travel bag!
The Monolith Daypack from Heimplanet is a 22L carry-all daypack made from great materials with a solid aesthetic and plenty of attachments for accessories.
I love how functional a solid rolltop bag can be, and this is one of my favorite rolltop bags.
Free bags & badass info
Signup and get entered to win a free bag every month.
You’ll also get notified when we add new bags to the site.
Created by Chase Reeves