The Prima System from Boundary Supply is, to me, the best in this category of kickstarter-y tech/camera/daily-carry because of the material feel and functionality in use.
- Materials are dense and enjoyable to use. Instead of being some hard, thick, unwieldy stuff, this 500D DWR Kodra has a nice amount of both sturdiness and give.
- The back panel and straps are the most comfortable in this class. EVA foam with lots of ventilation and vertical weight distribution from the top of the bag to the center of gravity in the hips.
- Lots of nice pockets in varying sizes both inside and outside of the bag (for first-order access).
- VERY LOVELY MATERIALS and details throughout the bag, from the fidlock magnetic clips to the Nywool and magnetic closure in the quick access pockets.
- They integrate the camera cube excellently. Besides the Peak designs (which basically IS a camera cube), this is the best I’ve seen in a functional daily backpack.
Other Bags to Check Out:
Ok, these bags from Nomatic are chock full of pockets. There are 2 different bags: the Travel Pack expands up to about 30L, perfect for short trips and minimal travel. The Backpack is 20-24L daily carry. Both are very sleek and, like I said, so many pocketzzz!
A simple, no bullshit daypack with just enough pockets and organization for modern life.
The Citadel from Black Ember is a daily carry and gear backpack that comes in two flavors: a minimal, sleek version, and a modular, "customize this sucker!" version.
A unique daily carry bag with rock-solid build quality and a killer external pocket setup from a classic American brand.
The Dashpack Mark II from Arktype has lots of small organization and some very modern styling in a tight, sleek 15L daily carry.
Free bags & badass info
Signup and get entered to win a free bag every month.
You’ll also get notified when we add new bags to the site.
Created by Chase Reeves