The Prima System from Boundary Supply is, to me, the best in this category of kickstarter-y tech/camera/daily-carry because of the material feel and functionality in use.
- Materials are dense and enjoyable to use. Instead of being some hard, thick, unwieldy stuff, this 500D DWR Kodra has a nice amount of both sturdiness and give.
- The back panel and straps are the most comfortable in this class. EVA foam with lots of ventilation and vertical weight distribution from the top of the bag to the center of gravity in the hips.
- Lots of nice pockets in varying sizes both inside and outside of the bag (for first-order access).
- VERY LOVELY MATERIALS and details throughout the bag, from the fidlock magnetic clips to the Nywool and magnetic closure in the quick access pockets.
- They integrate the camera cube excellently. Besides the Peak designs (which basically IS a camera cube), this is the best I’ve seen in a functional daily backpack.
Other Bags to Check Out:
An extremely versatile and feature rich bag that doesn't look half bad, the Errant has lots of organization in an innovative pack for everyday use. One of my favorites.
The Staad Backpack from Waterfield almost looks like a piece of art. It's beautifully designed (and functional as a mthrfkr!).
A truly worthy daily carry bag with simple and useful innovations and rock-solid build-quality. I. Love. This. Bag.
At first glance it looked weird. Then I used it for a couple days. Good god does this bag do it all well. Seriously, so much organization, so well built.
Easily one of my favorite bags for serious urban and outdoor daily carry. The Alpha 31 from Remote Equipment is a delight to use and will remain durable for years and years.
Free bags & badass info
Signup and get entered to win a free bag every month.
You’ll also get notified when we add new bags to the site.
Created by Chase Reeves