This is the bag that started it all for me. The Carry On backpack from Minaal is one of the professional traveler’s best friends with its sleek design, killer materials and medium sized capacity for minimal travel.
- A very good looking and well built bag. This thing is sleek in both aesthetics AND in what it’s like to travel with.
- It won’t break down on you anytime soon because it’s made from excellent materials and built well.
- The capacity is medium sized to me. Other carry on bags can easily fit more stuff. But that’s intentional on this bag — the designers wanted a bag this size so they travel only with what matters… because when you travel lighter, you’ve got more freedom to explore.
- Decent organization. Two external pockets on the top of the bag and a laptop and document compartment on the back of the bag. When the bag is totally packed out it makes getting into these pockets a drag. As with all travel bags, don’t overpack!
- Does not work as a daily carry bag when you get to your destination. It’s floppy and much bigger than you’d like it to be. This is ultimately why I started looking for other bags.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Travel Bag from Nomatic is a solid offering in one bag travel.
The Blade 28 from Arcteryx is a slimline, functional bag designed for both travel and daily carry.
The Farpoint and Fairview 40L travel packs from Osprey are solid one bag travel bags with a little less thrills than other bags in similar sizes.
The ATD1 is an expandable backpack you can use for both travel and daily carry. Looks pretty damn good too. One of the best in this category for sure.
The Stor backpack from Trakke is a lovely 30L pack for travel and gear moving.
Free bags & badass info
Signup and get entered to win a free bag every month.
You’ll also get notified when we add new bags to the site.
Created by Chase Reeves