The Topo Travel bag has a playful style, which I like a lot, but it is very serious about being a great travel bag. This is a classic.
- Aesthetically interesting — I love the modern-vintage vibe of Topo gear… feels like something a drop out rock climber from the 70s would have in his toyota camry hatchback.
- Solid capacity in 30L, massive in 40L:
- the 30L is actually the one I’d encourage people to travel with more because it looks better, is nicer to carry and will fit in more airplane carry-on rules.
- But if you’re worried about everything fitting, 40L is maximum carry on size.
- The whole thing opens clamshell, so it’s easy to pack/unpack
- Built really great —
- 1000D nylon, 400D nylon pack cloth, 210D nylon pack cloth liner, 1680D ballistic nylon on select colors
- Heavy-duty YKK zippers
- Better than average organization:
- Quick access with internal org
- Org panel
- Interior organization on main compartment
- 40L has an extra layer of organization inside the main compartment.
- Some nice bonus travel features:
- Luggage passthrough
- Small bag clips
- Zipper security for main compartment and org panel
- Handles on all three sides
- Solid and a little sweaty to carry:
- Comfy straps with load lifters.
- Removable hip belt… just nylon webbing on the 30L but the 40L has some fatty padding.
- No ventilation on the back… just some 1000D ballistic nylon. So it’s likely to get sweaty, but I personally can’t avoid that.
- Straps can stow away and you can use a shoulder strap to carry as a duffel.
Killer aesthetic on this thing. All us hipsters and millenials rejoice!
Solid back panel. Doesn’t have mesh on the back, tho, which is a deal breaker for some.
Large capacity for clothing in both these bags (comes in either 30L or 40L versions).
Nice segmentation and organization of the bag for quick access on the go.
Other Bags to Check Out:
This is the bag that started it all for me. The Carry On backpack from Minaal is one of the professional traveler's best friends with its sleek design, killer materials and medium sized capacity for minimal travel.
The Travel Bag from Nomatic is a solid offering in one bag travel.
The 50L duffel from Aasgard is a very exciting idea — massive space in a weatherproof simple duffel with backpack straps. (The shoulder straps could use an update though.)
Free bags & badass info
Signup and get entered to win a free bag every month.
You’ll also get notified when we add new bags to the site.
Created by Chase Reeves